Thursday, December 21, 2006

Today was my last day at my customer site that I've been traveling to and from for the last 2 years. Why would this Thursday be any different than all the others? Last night it started raining and by lunch time today fog had settled in. The FAA website posted 3 hour arrival delays at ORD which means that my 7:00 flight is now delayed to an awful time of 10:05. I won't arrive until almost 1am.

... so much for getting home and getting anything done before our trip to London. I mean it's not like I have a lot to do. Laundry, gift wrapping, packing, work, shopping, doctor's appt, dropping off our animals. Nah, not a whole heck of a lot.

So not only is this pretty much status quo, but I'm surrounded by holiday travelers as well. Ah, the Hallmark commercial never seemed so real. Although, I have to admit that I've seen a heck of a lot worse! At least tonight I can get a wireless connection in the club. There have been times that I sat for 20-30 minutes waiting for someone to drop.

I don't know if I'd classify this as irony. Maybe it's just Divine humor. I'm not laughing yet.

No comments: