Saturday, November 10, 2007

Am I in the Stone Age or what?

I was on another trip to the White Plains area of NY. This time I flew into LaGuardia because their flight schedule was better than the 3 flights out of Westchester (plus I flew AA). So I made my way over to Hertz to pick up my car. Now, Tuesday was a gross rainy day in NY. Pouring. Raining cats and dogs. I arrived at about 7:30 and had to make my way up to Somers for a 9:30 meeting... I had no idea where I was going and this was coupled with rush hour traffic...but I digress.

So, I made my way to Hertz and found my car. I'm "President's Circle", this is the highest rental level for Hertz and I'm anxious to see the car I will get. I load up my bags, open the driver's side door, sit down and ...
WAIT A GODDAMN MINUTE HERE... ARE THESE MANUAL WINDOWS?!

I had the most archaic, stone age car imaginable! I call these kind of cars "Fred Flintstone cars" because they have manual windows, manual locks, manual mirrors, manual seats, MANUAL EVERYTHING... I'm surprised that the frickin' transmission isn't manual too! It's raining and I'm late (and remember, I have no idea where I'm going) so I suck it up and say to myself "it's only an overnight trip" but geez!

Status really does mean "screw me over some more, please."

No comments: